On April 23rd, we held our annual “Spring Thaw Dinner and loonie auction. Thanks to Barb T. and all of the volunteers who helped make the evening a wonderful night for all who attended! Here are a few photos. Here are some words from Barb.
Two years and a pandemic later ——
We resumed our fantastic fun evening!! An enthusiastic crowd gathered in the Parish hall to enjoy an
evening of delicious food, humour and the antics of “Loonie auction craziness” It was wonderful to be together again –
masks and all!!
My thanks to all – So many willing individuals are needed to make any event a success!
Let me begin by sending kudos to –
- All the donors of the many items in the Silent and Loonie auctions. You have been very generous. You make
- To Linda Todd, Gina Coleman and Michal Wallen – our unsung heroes for developing, overseeing and setting up
the auctions – a wonderful team.
- To our Master of Ceremony, Don Brohm and our auctioneer, Michael Green. Together they provide much comedy
with their energetic and humerous styles . They are a dynamic duo !
- To Heather Banham,, our wine steward and to Michal Wallen, our gracious hostess at the door. Champion greeters!
- The group of energetic men and women (Eileen Davies, Shirley Williams, Lorna Green, Carol Augustine and Shirley Hanes who set tables, stuffed glasses and to Paul Davies who moved tables and chairs
- To Jo Sales and Michal Wallen for doing ALL the tablecloths
- To the volunteers who stayed to assist with clean up and stored away the tables and chairs
- Of course, a success results by the huge support of all who attended and joined in the fun!
The evening was a financial success raising well over $3200.00
A Huge Thanks to all. My apologies to anyone I may have omitted unintentionally.